No Power Yamaha revisited

Roger Jolly roger.j@sasktel.net
Mon, 26 May 2003 10:53:44 -0600

Hi Ed,
             You raise a very good point, this has been swimming in the
back of my mind.  Perhaps that is why Yamaha uses that heavy metal beam to
mount the pedal lyre.   I wonder what the pressure would be at the balance
rail pin location, on a forte blow. But I would bet is several hundred
pounds per square inch.   Loads in the keybed and trap work bearing points
are very large, since they are concentrated in very small areas.
Yamaha also has a quite flat glide bolt, ostensibly to spread the load better.

Regards Roger