Bridge Notching & Pinning

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Mon, 26 May 2003 22:13:10 -0400

Today I have a newfound respect for the talented artisans who so neatly and accurately notch & pin bridges on nice new & well-rebuilt pianos. I just finished notching and pinning my first bridge that I built from scratch. GOOD GRIEF! It is clear to me that a cosmetically neat job is truly an art. It is not easy at all to do this job neatly. I stare at the old bridge and I look at mine, and it is frighteningly clear that whoever did that old bridge had likely done 4,397 bridge prior to the one that was in my piano! I think mine will function quite well, if not win any awards for appearance. That's about all. Just wanted to say WOW! And I be humbled.

Terry Farrell