Bridge Duplication

tune4u@earthlink.net tune4u@earthlink.net
Tue, 27 May 2003 01:11:45 -0500

My mother used to play duplicate bridge, had a long attention span.

You are on my list. How does one safely ship a long tenor bridge? Fold it?
Let the air out and roll it up? Use an old carpet tube?

Don't have a project at the moment: My inquiry was based on the discussion
of how challenging it is and for future reference.

Alan B

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf
Of Joseph Garrett
Sent: Tuesday, May 27, 2003 12:19 AM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Bridge Duplication

FWIW, I do bridges. I had the honor of doing the first two on Del's
prototypes. So, if'n I'm good 'nuf fer Del. <G> Actually, Del was up to his
chin in Alligators, at that time, and I was handy. <G> I've been making
duped bridges for techs around the Pacific Northwest, for 25 + years.
I laminate my own stock for bridges. Turn around time is about a week.
Bridge will come to you finished and ready to install, (unless sumpin' weird
applies.).
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)