captured action

BobDavis88@aol.com BobDavis88@aol.com
Wed, 28 May 2003 00:41:18 EDT

In a message dated 5/27/2003 8:33:44 PM Pacific Standard Time,
spalding48@earthlink.net writes:

> All pedals operated satisfactorily, lots of wood-on-dirty-wood sound when
> the shift is operated.  Looked like it was sitting right down on the bed.

Hmmph. Bummer. Okay, back to the stretcher. Most of them are roughly even
with the bottom of the pinblock. If this one isn't, that makes me think it wants
to come out. I once worked on an 8+ foot Starr (!) piano that had such a
stretcher. The ends were slotted, and the slots slipped over keys screwed to the
arms. We had to give it a pretty good whomp (upward) with the rubber mallet in
order to disengage it. Pretty scary the first time, but nothing else would
do....
Bob D