captured action

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Wed, 28 May 2003 08:54:40 +0200

Sometime it may be locked in its way up by the support of the desk (screws
generally).

I'll send picture tonight.
Some laquer have been added after mounting better cut the joint before
bumping, but if made normally, no problem of this kind.

I.O.

Isaac OLEG

Entretien et reparation de pianos.

PianoTech
17 rue de Choisy
94400 VITRY sur SEINE
FRANCE
tel : 033 01 47 18 06 98
fax : 033 01 47 18 06 90
cell: 06 60 42 58 77

  -----Message d'origine-----
  De : pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]De la
part de BobDavis88@aol.com
  Envoye : mercredi 28 mai 2003 06:41
  A : pianotech@ptg.org
  Objet : Re: captured action

  In a message dated 5/27/2003 8:33:44 PM Pacific Standard Time,
spalding48@earthlink.net writes:

    All pedals operated satisfactorily, lots of wood-on-dirty-wood sound
when the shift is operated.  Looked like it was sitting right down on the
bed.

  Hmmph. Bummer. Okay, back to the stretcher. Most of them are roughly even
with the bottom of the pinblock. If this one isn't, that makes me think it
wants to come out. I once worked on an 8+ foot Starr (!) piano that had such
a stretcher. The ends were slotted, and the slots slipped over keys screwed
to the arms. We had to give it a pretty good whomp (upward) with the rubber
mallet in order to disengage it. Pretty scary the first time, but nothing
else would do....
  Bob D