Backchecking Height and an incredible help

Don pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
Wed, 28 May 2003 17:35:00

Hi Antares,

I can offer a "test" if you wish. Take a dampher and deliberately mal
adjust it to be very close to the string--now play the note. You will find
the sound limited and not "open". Now return the dampher to a more normal
setting. The power will be back.

The same thing would be true if the hammer is checking *too close* to the
string.