No-show fees?

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Thu, 29 May 2003 18:28:47 EDT

In a message dated 5/29/03 2:41:31 PM Central Daylight Time,
RNossaman@cox.net writes:

> The customer
> really needs to be told at the time the appointment is made that the
> technician isn't on salary, that his income depends on work being done, and
> that a no-show costs him income, and will be charged accordingly. Now if
> anyone has an idea how that can be done inoffensively and gracefully in
> twenty five words or less over the phone, I'd love to hear it.
>

> Ron N

When I had my store, we had this on the bottom of the sales and rental
contracts, right under the customer's signature.

Date of Free Tuning: _________Time________

The free tuning is for your benefit and protection. If we do not get
a cancellation call prior to our arrival, you will forfeit the free tuning.
Call 962-5774 to reschedule the appointment.

Very seldom did I have a no show.

Since we also had some problems, occasionally, with people forgetting about
the delivery of their piano, we also had this at the bottom of the contract.

 Date of Delivery: _________Time________
The delivery is subcontracted by another company. If you are not home when
they arrive, you will charged an additional $100 moving fee. Call Bill's Piano
Moving at 621-6258 to reschedule the appointment.

Wim