August Forster sostenuto

bruce greig bgreig@nyc.rr.com
Fri, 30 May 2003 14:35:19 -0400

Hello all......

Not too long ago I serviced a 20-year old (approx.) Forster grand with =
some of the weirdest contraptions I've even seen in any piano, including =
a sostenuto system installed behind the damper levers with no apparent =
way of adjusting it.  I'm wondering if anyone has had any experiene with =
such a design?  The damper underlever system is also weird but at least =
in front (and under the keys, as well).

The piano also has loose tuning pins which I'm due to replace this =
summer, so I'm hoping to be able to approach the sostenuto problem with =
new insight.

I wrote Altenberg Pianos, a one time dealer, but received no response =
and cannot find any reference to a current distributor/dealer. =20

Thanks for any info.
Bruce Greig, RPT