spinet hammer blow

pianolover 88 pianolover88@hotmail.com
Sat, 01 Nov 2003 18:26:20 -0800

Got a 1967 wurlitzer spinet. Virtually perfect, UNused condition. little or
no wear on action; which brings me to this point: Action in good regulation,
except the hammer blow distance is only 1 3/8"! Slightly less in the bass.
ONE HALF INCH closer to the strings than the usual
1 7/8".  Hammer rail height has not been altered from factory. The action
works just fine the way it is, so should I leave well enough alone, or
REMOVE some felt from under the hammer rail? (Btw, the hammer rail is
resting firmly on the felt squares, which are original, and have not been
heightened, and the hammer stems are also resting on the rail, with
capstans (sticker wires) correctly adjusted.)

Terry Peterson

Want to check if your PC is virus-infected?  Get a FREE computer virus scan
online from McAfee.