Bridge Cap Finish, was: Short Treble (sustain?)

Sun, 2 Nov 2003 15:51:23 -0800

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Erwinspiano@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: November 02, 2003 1:22 PM
  Subject: Re: Bridge Cap Finish, was: Short Treble (sustain?)

  In a message dated 11/2/2003 6:09:56 AM Pacific Standard Time, =
pianobuilders@olynet.com writes:
       Are you applying nothing to the caps you install?
Actually, we do.  We use Delignit bridge cap stock and apply a single =
coat of System Three coating epoxy. Once cured -- in the hotbox for =
about a week -- we sand it back down to just about nothing, punch it and =
drill it. Then notch it and coat the notches with a single coat of the =
same material. It's just for looks, though. I don't try to convince =
myself it's doing much of any good to the system.=20

Though, as you mention, it probably does make it easier to clean up. =
Especially the random can full of Coke. Or whatever.

Del