spinet hammer blow..WHOOPS!

pianolover 88 pianolover88@hotmail.com
Sun, 02 Nov 2003 17:43:05 -0800

>Building up the hammer rail felt or the rest pads for same will increase,
>not eliminate lost motion<

Yes! Sorry about that. I meant precisley the oppsite of "eliminating" lost
motion! I encountered a Falcone upright where the tech HAD added some muting
felt to build up the hammer rail because there was NO lost motion at all;
the hammer shanks were 1/4" above the rail! At least that's where they were
when the muting felt was removed! the last tech just didn't want to take the
time, evidentally, to regulate the capstans; that job was left to me. With
the original felt squares in place, the hammer blow was exactly 1 7/8".

Terry Peterson