Pull the action of a grand to dope?

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Mon, 03 Nov 2003 06:50:47 -0500

Julie,

I think it's the safest thing to do, but I haven't always done it.

You want to avoid the possibility of the CA (if that is what you would
use) running the whole way down through the pinblock and dripping onto
the keys and gluing things together.  I have already just removed the
fallboard and covered everything under the pinblock with a couple layers
of newspaper.  That probably takes as long as just pulling out the
action, but sometimes you have to work in tight spaces where pulling the
action is awkward at best.

When you're done, it wouldn't hurt to check the underside of the
pinblock before removing the paper, just to make sure are no droplets of
CA just hanging there, waiting to cause chaos after you think you're in
the clear.

Regards,
Clyde