Leveling Coils & Pinching Becket

Gordon Holley gholley@hi-techhousing.com
Tue, 4 Nov 2003 15:52:52 -0500

Hello Ed.
The advice on the coil socket empact  device is good, I believe that
is the one that Joe Goss has.  He's going to call me back yet this
afternoon, he was tied up when I called to order one.
I've got two of the the one piece lever coil lifter and yes it can be
a real pisser trying to get in between pins.  Mine are both bent up
at the handle grip area. Works best when your restring from the get-
go.
The modification on the vice-grip is understandable and I'll also do
that.
Ya, I know, "do I really want to do this"?.  I at least will tell the
piano owners, (friends) what is involved.  Both husband and wife are
very particular about this old piano, "being a kind of a no namer",
like not a Yamaha or Steinway, and they could afford one.  But it was
the piano that the kids took lessons on years back and two of the
boys were music majors and one is a band director in a local high
school.  So it's probably more of just wanting it to be correct, even
after 20 years.  We'll see come next May when I tune it again and let
them bring up the subject.
Thanks again Ed.
Regards, Gordon Holley