Fw: Nice Bridge

Tue, 4 Nov 2003 22:57:42 -0000

------=_NextPart_001_0069_01C3A327.0E0EAA40
Hey Farrell - would you agree this is a termital case?
regards
Michael G (UK)
----- Original Message -----=20
From: Farrell=20
To: Pianotech=20
Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2003 10:05 AM
Subject: Re: Nice Bridge

Well, it wasn't me that discovered it exactly - this is one of those =
wonderful pianos that only needs service once every five years or so. =
No, believe it or not, the owner brought this (general) condition to my =
attention. The condition (termite infestation) had actually manifested =
itself in an arguably more conspicuous manner. This piano sits in the =
lobby of the research center for the H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center in =
Tampa, Florida. Someone from there call me and told me the piano was =
lying on the floor with the key-end down - the legs had apparently =
broken off. Termites had devoured the keybed.=20

You know how some piano owners think that the only time a piano needs to =
be tuned is when a key sticks or the pedal stops working - well, I can =
just see folks at Moffitt walking past this broken down hulk and =
concluding that "hmmmm, probably need to have it tuned or something". =
Are pianos really all that mysterious?

I replaced the keybed a while back on this one (this picture is a few =
years old). But of course there was no problem with the bridge, so we =
left what was well enough alone!   :-(

Terry Farrell
  ----- Original Message -----=20