Wanted Acu-tuner -3

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Wed, 5 Nov 2003 06:41:30 -0500

Most certainly some better designed pianos come out just fine with what =
the SAT calculates - but even still, you still need to listen carefully =
to make sure (not that you turn your ears off with the VT, but with its =
use, you soon learn that it is simply always spot-on (or at least as =
near as one can reasonably imagine) - even on the spinets). And please =
realize I am not trying to denigrate the wonderful little SAT3 - it is a =
fabulous tool. I'm just stating what I have observed to be the =
difference between the two machines. Perhaps my statement reflects the =
type of pianos that some of us commonly tune. I tune about 378 Winter =
and Aeolian spinets for every Steinway B I see (I even see more =
Tom-Thumb-type pianos than big "B"s). I reckon that makes a difference!  =
;-)

IMHO, when I can autopilot through the bass break terror on a "Grand" =
spinet, I find myself much more pleasant to my family that evening!

Terry Farrell
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Phil Frankenberg=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2003 4:05 PM
  Subject: Re: Wanted Acu-tuner -3

  Dale
  The area you reler to is the problem area for me too, although only on =
very few pianos. A newer B that I sevice does exactly what you describe, =
yet four other Bs have no problem. I have found that its best not to =
rely on a stored tuning, but to take FAC readings every time. They do =
change for whatever reason.=20

  Phil
    ----- Original Message -----=20