Yamaha hammers--Glenn C.

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Wed, 5 Nov 2003 23:22:27 EST

In a message dated 11/5/2003 11:05:47 AM Pacific Standard Time,
Richard.Brekne@grieg.uib.no writes:
Interestingly enough this the other C we have is just a bit newer and
doesnt carry nearly as well. The older is from 1987 and the newer from
1992. Some of the grapevine hits I've had to the question about Steinway
and how much they dry out their panels points to a shift around this
time period... from around 4 % MC to 5%. Totally unconfirmed at this
point, but its an interesting thought to connect the characteristic of
carrying power to this.

Cheers
RicB
   Ric