parting out

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Thu, 6 Nov 2003 13:16:02 -0700

Hi Rob,
Yes I am considering that, But may use it for a gate decoration. I have =
not removed it yet.
Joe Goss
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Rob Goodale=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2003 12:34 PM
  Subject: Re: parting out

  You may want to consider removing the aluminum plate for recycling.  =
There is a lot of material there and it could be worth considerable =
money.  I recycle the aluminum scraps from PianoDisc installations, =
(left over material after cutting the rails, unused trapwork levers, =
etc).  Every Christmas I take the pile to California with me when I =
visit family, (California pays a little more per pound because of their =
aggressive recycling programs).  I always get between $70-$80 dollars.  =
Enough for a very nice evening out or a new power tool for the shop.  =
With the substantial amount of aluminum that is used in the plate you =
may walk away with a nice check in your hand.  Besides, you get to =
temporarily experience that touchy-feely, save the earth, liberal, tree =
hugging, green peace-like sensation you get after recycling.

  Rob Goodale, RPT
  Las Vegas, NV

    Hi all,
    The other day I decided to part out a winter spinet with a cast =
aluminium plate. The piano case, strings, bridges were all in horrible =
shape, but the action parts were all in great shape. So needing =
replacement parts for other pianos as well as a few replacement hammers =
I decided to disassemble the action.