Yamaha hammers

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Thu, 6 Nov 2003 21:07:25 EST

In a message dated 11/6/2003 5:52:45 PM Pacific Standard Time, avery@ev1.net
writes:
But Ron, my question still remains. Why should it be necessary to stab
ANY hammer that many times to get a decent sound. IMHO, if that's the
case, the hammer isn't being "pressed" correctly! Wrong?

OK, I'll go to bed now and behave myself!

Avery
    Avery
  The real answer could be ,IMHO, is it isn't necessary & you are correct. I
think the answer is partly economics. I have put Isaac I Ronsen hammers in
many Yamahas & Kawais & never needle note. I may have applied a little juice but
the results are always power without noise or tendonitis & the hammer is
filled so full of hardeners that subsequent needling is  any thing but a few jabs
here & there to smooth things up.