Yamaha hammers

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Thu, 6 Nov 2003 21:14:18 EST

 So we consider thousand jab needling to be
a voicing technique that is reserved for that special category of hammers
that have apparently been quarried rather than manufactured, and yet must
be brought somewhere near the edge of usability by whatever means we have
available to us.  As far as I'm concerned, if the manufacturer didn't want
the piano to sound like a Xylophone on steroids, they would have put on a
decent hammer in the first place.

  Ron N

   Well said Ron. I personally think if we all boycotted voicing this type of
hammer under the umbrella of technician abuse we could probably get on the 6
ocklock news complaing of tennis elbow tnedonitis & hearing loss. Jump in
osha!! Yes we could all carry placards & we could force the big Piano factories to
Use more user /body freindly hammmers. Petrified felt would become extinct
overnight...like the dinosaurs.hhmmmm right. I'm holding my breath some more. Bye
   Dale