Full Service Appointments

Fri, 7 Nov 2003 06:55:36 -0800

I guess it depends on what you consider basic.  I think Barbara, Carol, Del
and I are suggesting that some things beyond just tuning are basic.  My
approach has been to never underestimate what the customer is able to
perceive.  While there may be a few who cannot tell the difference, there
are many more who can but don't realize that a better sounding piano was a
possibility.  I think you'd be surprised at how often a little bit of
voicing will elicit the "Gee, I never knew my piano could sound like that"
response.  It's that kind of response that often leads to a dialogue about
additional work or, as Del mentioned, complete rebuilding.

David Love
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net