Accu-Tuner ad

Sat, 8 Nov 2003 20:37:07 -0000

Hello Richard B
You said (inter alia):=20
"fact that ETD's are hear to stay... and will continue to get better and =
better until at some point ear tuning will just become downright =
superfluous."
I beg to dis- and agree!!!
Something I find, is that making continual observations of an ETD while =
tuning is detrimental to the time spent in tuning. I frequently gaze =
into space or even close my eyes in concentration but NOTHING will =
convince me to use the ETD out of the bearings area (unless I am tuning =
a Harpsichord to some off-beat historic temperament which is in-built in =
my ETD, but then Harpsichords only take 20 minutes or so to tune - =
taking it easy)
Tell you this much for free though (and that's saying something;-) the =
ear will become as superfluous to tuning due to the ETD as legs to =
walking due to the CAR.  ... Yes? da?
Michael G (UK) fireworks still going off in the darkness of =
Sussex-by-the-Sea :-)