Temperamental temparament octave

cswearingen@daigger.com cswearingen@daigger.com
Wed, 12 Nov 2003 07:29:07 -0600

Jim,

If you are able to balance the pivotal thirds properly in step 5, then your
mistake is happening in steps 6-9.  What aural checks are you using in each
of these steps?

Corte Swearingen
Chicago

                      "Jim Morrison"
                      <jimmor@telus.net        To:       <pianotech@ptg.org>
                      >                        cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  Temperamental temparament octave
                      pianotech-bounces
                      @ptg.org

                      11/11/2003 09:35
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      Pianotech

Thanks for the reply Phil.Hope Jim C. won't mind this.Here is the
progression:
1) A49 to fork
2) A37 from A49
3)F33 from A37   7bps
4)F45 from F33
5)C#41 from F45 ...  balancing pivotal thirds
6)D42 fromA37 (4th)
7)A#38 fromF45  (5th)
8)F#46 from C#41 (4th)
9)C40 from F45 (4th)
10)E44 from A49 (4th)     this is where I encounter my problem?
11)C#41 fromG#48 (5th)
12)B39 from F#46 (5th)
13)D#43 from A#38 (4th)
14)G47 fromD42

Hope this helps to clarify my original post

Jim Morrison
More questions than answers