pinblock duplicating jig

Carl Meyer cmpiano@comcast.net
Sat, 15 Nov 2003 11:23:06 -0800

Thank you, Andrew, for the info about plating.  I've been wondering if =
there is an easy way to do small plating jobs.  It is such a pain to =
find a plater and then paying thru the nose for a (minimum charge) job.  =
I looked on Caswells web site and have already ordered their plating =
book. =20

Carl Meyer Ptg assoc
Santa Clara, Ca.
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: ANRPiano@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Saturday, November 15, 2003 7:13 AM
  Subject: Re: pinblock duplicating jig

  In a message dated 11/15/2003 8:09:17 AM Central Standard Time, =
Crashvalve@aol.com writes:

    BTW, what system do you use for nicle plating ?

  I started with a Caswell but quickly out grew that idea.  I developed =
my own equipment and also bought some equipment from a retiring area =
rebuilder who also did his own plating.

  Except for the chemicals, which mostly come from Caswell, I got much =
of the equipment from Ebay.  It is really just a matter of understanding =
the process and putting the various pieces together. Oh, and don't =
forget the painful and expensive learning curve. =20

  Do you have a recommended supplier for the milling machine?

  Andrew Remillard
  ANRPiano.com
  ANR Piano Service
  2417 Maple Ave=20