Help with Steinway Model/tail-plate embossing

Tue, 18 Nov 2003 17:21:35 -0000

Hello Conrad Hoffsommer, and list
You wrote:!I've known about this practice for some time but never knew the
starting
year.  For a while, I tried to remember to record the work letter/number
for each S$S I tuned and relate them to the year
manufactured."
I have just been speaking to one of the techs at S&S Londinium who suggested
that I contact their Technical Manager with this "tail-plate embossing"
question. The tech I spoke to knew nothing of a 6' 4" model (as noted in a
post by Robin Hufford) - so I will pose this Q at the same time and post the
answer on the list.
"Watch this Space"
Regards
Michael G (UK) And darkness has fallen on the Sussex Downs...