In-Home Vertical Damper Replacement

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Wed, 19 Nov 2003 13:45:25 -0500

Hello listees,

I am scheduled to install a set of new damper felts on a 1960s Baldwin =
studio. I've done this work in my shop before, but am having nightmares =
of hot glue pots knocked over on carpet, drips of hide glue running down =
strings, etc., etc.

What is the best systematic way of doing this in a home. This 38 =
year-old Hamilton looks like it came off the Cincinnati assembly line =
two days ago - much like the rest of her spotless living room. Neatness =
is paramount! In fact, I'm not so sure now that it even matters if the =
felts stay on - I just gotta keep it neat!!!

I have the action in my shop now and will be going back to her home to =
install the felts.

Having done this job in my shop before, I hadn't really given it much =
thought. But now that I am faced with Her, Her piano and Her living room =
- and She will be peering right over my shoulder for the whole job - I'm =
gettin' the Willies! I'm much more nervous thinking of this job that I =
was building and installing my first soundboard!

Thanks.

Terry Farrell