low fat invoice for pocket pc ...............OT

Michael Spalding spalding48@earthlink.net
Thu, 20 Nov 2003 19:28:09 -0600

Greg,

Yes it's a bad plan, and now there's good news / bad news regarding the
copy protection.   I recently contacted Ed for the code so I could move the
software to a new computer.  His response:

"I am no longer supporting the old program. I am only supporting the
version with the hasp. It allows you to have PTBiz on multiple computer
- but can only use one at a time. I sell the new version to existing
customers for half price. ($185)"

In other words, he's not giving out codes any more, your only recourse is
to buy the new version of PTBiz with the hasp hardware key.

I wrote back to ask if the "new version" had any functional improvements
beyond the hasp hardware key, but haven't got an answer from him.
Needless to say, I will keep the old computer running for as long as I can.

Mike