Yamaha mystery noise

Dave Doremus algiers_piano@bellsouth.net
Thu, 20 Nov 2003 21:47:06 -0600

Thanks to all for good suggestions. I had already squeezed the key
leads and produced it with the dampers lifted, dont think I included
that in my original post. And I could not produce it out of the
piano, which doesnt necessarily mean anything, the action cavity
seems to act as a resonator sometimes. I like the balance hole
(Mark),  the pedal rod  (JimB), and drop screw (DavidL) ideas as
those were totally new to me. I'll post the answer when I find it.

----Dave

Dave Doremus, RPT
New Orleans