action brackets needed

John Ross jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
Mon, 24 Nov 2003 21:32:37 -0400

Hi Eduardo,
I have heard of someone using, one of those metal repair compounds that come in a tube. For the life of me I can't find it in a catalogue or remember the name. It is metal putty or something, probably in the epoxy section of an auto parts or hardware store.
Just groove and build up the breaks, making sure they are in their original position and size.
regards,
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada
jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Life4opera@aol.com
  To: pianotech@ptg.org
  Sent: Monday, November 24, 2003 8:14 PM
  Subject: action brackets needed

  Hello all,
  I need some help, I recently got a marshall & wendell 1928, when I removed the action, I noticed the brackets were broke, and cracked , yes all of them, by the pictures in the schaff catalog I order the aeolian american 108 model, ( the original brackets have the number 108 engraved).
  then ding dong! ups came with the brackets and voila, no match at all!!!
  this ones are shorter, the holes not match,  the angles for the rails are all wrong etc etc
  anyone has any idea where I can find this brackets?
  thanks
  Eduardo Ch