C.Lose Square Piano

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Thu, 27 Nov 2003 23:08:00 -0800

RicB said: "Ribbing on these seems on the surface of things like they were
thinking some
kind of web shaped lattice work would support whatever load there was."

Ric,
That is "Guitar" rib methodology. Many luthiers used it and it was pretty
dubious, to say the least. Personally, I'd just take all of that off and put
machine crowned ribs on, (lightly crowned!). No, it's not traditional for
that instrument, but I think it would be better for a "solid" restoration.
In these cases, I tend to stick my tongue out at the "Traditionalists", who
most are all mouth and no "Do". <G>
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police