reaming agraffes

Michael Spalding spalding48@earthlink.net
Tue, 30 Sep 2003 21:09:21 -0500

David,

I've also run into this situation;  usually on older Mason & Hamlins, where
replacing them is not an easy option.  I took a deep breath and reamed them
anyway, enlarging the hole.  No failures yet, but I guess we need another
50 years history to know if it's really OK.

I believe the Pianotek reamer is actually made for creating the conical
socket in the end of a piece of stock so you can mount it on centers in
your lathe.  I can't remember the correct name for them, or whose catalog I
saw them in, but they are available in different sizes, so you might be
able to find a smaller one.

hope this helps,

Mike Spalding RPT