RC vs CC again

Phillip Ford fordpiano@earthlink.net
Tue, 30 Sep 2003 21:34:40 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

>So, by panel expansion, or panel support, you mean that the panel is
>carrying load along the grain?  Or in other words, is distributing the
>load out to other ribs?
>
>Phil Ford

No, I mean that cross grain panel expansion (compression) is bowing the rib
up against the string downbearing. It's the same thing that forms the crown
in a CC board with flat ribs.

Ron N

And this is coming about through the same process, only in a less pronounced degree, that forms the crown in a CC board?  The board is dryer (only not as much drier as in a CC board) when the ribs are glued on than when it achieves equilibrium?

Phil Ford