RC vs CC again

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Tue, 30 Sep 2003 21:29:27 -0500

>So, by panel expansion, or panel support, you mean that the panel is
>carrying load along the grain?  Or in other words, is distributing the
>load out to other ribs?
>
>Phil Ford

No, I mean that cross grain panel expansion (compression) is bowing the rib
up against the string downbearing. It's the same thing that forms the crown
in a CC board with flat ribs.

Support of bearing with remaining positive crown by various crowning schemes:

CC= panel supporting all the bearing+bending flat ribs into a crown.
RC= panel supporting part of bearing with the crowned ribs supporting the rest
RC&S=panel supporting very little of bearing, ribs supporting nearly all

Ron N