Baldwin 9' #339

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Thu, 2 Oct 2003 06:38:33 -0400

Dave Hughes will also custom make just about lid for any piano. He was =
even willing to make a square grand lid for me ...... for a price =
(actually, less than I thought though).

Terry Farrell
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Erwinspiano@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2003 12:21 AM
  Subject: Re: Baldwin 9' #339

              Bill=20
       David Hughes Pianos in Baltimore Maryland makes lid reproductions =
for a number of pianos. His add is listed in the journal or call David =
out of the PTJ directory.--------Dale Erwin

       A lot depends on the finish. If it is ebony, then it's not too =
hard to=20
  make one in a home shop, with birch veneer-core plywood. If it to be=20
  walnut, mahogany, or rosewood (did Baldwin do those?), then you may =
want to=20
  contact the case part manufacturers listed in the directory.
  So... what is the finish?

  Regards,
  Guy Nichols