RC vs CC again

Thu, 02 Oct 2003 17:33:11 +0200

I thought we had just made this point clear, but I see we need to dot
the i after all.

The CC board being stiffer thingy... applies only to the condition where
we have equally dimensioned ribs and panel, equal mass, and equal crown.
Given that, the CC board will be stiffer due to the extra stiffness
provided by the compression in the panel. Yes ?? As long as thats true
Daves post holds. If one or more of those things are varied then all
gloves are off as it were... and Dels post clicks in.

All of this suggests to me that in general, a CC board has an easier
time generating a higher stiffness to mass ratio...as long as the
compression in the panel holds. Yes ?

RicB