RC vs CC again

Paul Chick (Earthlink) tune4@earthlink.net
Thu, 2 Oct 2003 09:07:13 -0500

Again, with rib-crowning technology the soundboard maker has a few more
options. The board can be made very heavy and stiff (leaning toward more
sustain, but with a bit less power) or it can be made very light and
flexible (leaning toward more power but with a bit less sustain). Yes,
personally, I opt toward a bit more sustain and I don't mind sacrificing a
bit of power if necessary. The amount of power loss will probably not be
noticeable in real life. And the tonal dynamics are a bit better. At least
that's the plan.

Del

I guess you answered my question in a round about way.  I understand
Steinways prowess on the concert stage i.e. being the "choice" piano through
their vigorous efforts to stay on stage.  Your above post leads me to the
conclusions I was seeking.
Thank you.

Paul C