RC vs CC again

Wed, 1 Oct 2003 22:37:35 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Love" <davidlovepianos@earthlink.net>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: October 01, 2003 10:16 PM
Subject: Re: RC vs CC again

> Is the CC board stiffer when both are fully loaded?  What you suggest is
> that the CC board would have better sustain and the RC board would be
> louder.   It will be interesting to hear Del's remarks on this because,
> judging from various comments I've heard from him (and I may be
mistaken),
> he seems to emphasize sustain in the construction of his boards.
>
> David Love
> davidlovepianos@earthlink.net

Again, with rib-crowning technology the soundboard maker has a few more
options. The board can be made very heavy and stiff (leaning toward more
sustain, but with a bit less power) or it can be made very light and
flexible (leaning toward more power but with a bit less sustain). Yes,
personally, I opt toward a bit more sustain and I don't mind sacrificing a
bit of power if necessary. The amount of power loss will probably not be
noticeable in real life. And the tonal dynamics are a bit better. At least
that's the plan.

Del