A sucker born every minute

Brian Lawson lawsonic@bdmail.co.za
Fri, 3 Oct 2003 15:55:11 +0200

I think you will find ebay will respond, recent piano scams were taken off
after they knew

Brian

----- Original Message -----
From: Robert Goodale
To: Pianotech
Sent: Friday, October 03, 2003 7:27 AM
Subject: A sucker born every minute

Here's a good one from e-bay.  A used vintage PianoDisc PDS-32 kit pulled from
a piano.  Reality check: worthless.  We rip these out like weeds for
replacement with new ones!  PianoDisc no longer supplies parts, technical
support, or software.  They are notorious for burning up the solenoids and the
control boxes had a known defect that caused an internal component to burn
out.  Keep in mind the system still has to be custom fit for each piano, and
since the rails have already been cut and replacements are no longer
available, guess what...

So, current bid on e-bay is uh... $325.00!!  Seven suckers have placed bids.
I'm real tempted to e-mail them all and warn them.  For your amusement here is
the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2561115380&category=43376

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV