A sucker born every minute

Robert Goodale rrg@unlv.nevada.edu
Thu, 2 Oct 2003 22:27:09 -0700

Here's a good one from e-bay.  A used vintage PianoDisc PDS-32 kit =
pulled from a piano.  Reality check: worthless.  We rip these out like =
weeds for replacement with new ones!  PianoDisc no longer supplies =
parts, technical support, or software.  They are notorious for burning =
up the solenoids and the control boxes had a known defect that caused an =
internal component to burn out.  Keep in mind the system still has to be =
custom fit for each piano, and since the rails have already been cut and =
replacements are no longer available, guess what...

So, current bid on e-bay is uh... $325.00!!  Seven suckers have placed =
bids.  I'm real tempted to e-mail them all and warn them.  For your =
amusement here is the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3D2561115380&category=3D=
43376

Rob Goodale, RPT