Venting..."rebuilt piano" walk away or not

Phil Bondi phil@philbondi.com
Fri, 3 Oct 2003 17:55:21 -0400

> Consider......would you tune this or walk away.

run, don't walk. There's just too much work there for there to be anything
else except animosity towards you in the long run..I mean, if you were to
just shape the tails, that alone will take that 'good deal' and toss it out
the window.

I hope you told this client that under the circumstances, I feel it best to
contact the rebuilder. I did that with a well-restored Style 2 Steinway..the
rebuilder did not change the antiquaited damper system, and it is by far the
weakest link in that rebuild. I've got them pretty quiet now, but it took a
couple of visits and some convincing to the client that there's a reason why
this well-restored Style 2 wants to ring.

-Phil Bondi (Fl.)
phil@philbondi.com