Venting..."rebuilt piano" walk away or not

Robert Goodale rrg@unlv.nevada.edu
Fri, 3 Oct 2003 17:01:53 -0700

I would be straight up and honest with these people.  You do not want to be
blamed for and future problems, and there are likely to be many in a very
short time.  I would start by sitting down with them and give the straight
talk.  When it comes right down to it they may have grounds for some legal
action for being misled to believe the piano was "rebuilt".  You might
suggest arranging for some other local reputable technicians to second the
opinion and then jointly sign an affidavit.

There is some urgency on this.  If too much time passes you open the door
for the so-called "rebuilder" to accuse someone else of damaging the piano.
If the complaint is filed immediately with a couple other techs in agreement
they are more likely to get this "thing" out of their house and recover
their money.  They would be wise to do so, right now they are looking at a
very large paper weight.

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV