Reading a Board geometry

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Sun, 05 Oct 2003 00:49:18 -0500

>You're right, it was a disorganized post. I'm a mich. tech. new to this
>block, was craftsman rated back in 1972. Consider this, if you had an
>EIGHT foot Starrett straightedge, (machine builders use these for .001
>precision) where would you place it over the board to do measurements ?

Nowhere, actually. With the piano strung and up to pitch, I'd use my suture
thread underneath from rim to rim (because a string is guaranteed to fit if
it's long enough), between each pair of ribs from the first rib in the bass
to the highest I could get to in the treble. That would tell me where there
was crown, how much, and the crown contour(s) over most of the board.

>By the way I thought surely a cool name like crashvalve would be already
>taken, but nobody was as odd as me.

Here, we use our real names, either in the header where it's visible, or
signed at the bottom of our posts. It's difficult to take someone
masquerading as a vacuum  reproducing system expression component seriously.

Ron N