Good at Machining WAS: Reading a Board geometry

Bill Ballard yardbird@vermontel.net
Mon, 6 Oct 2003 00:49:24 -0400

At 9:15 PM -0400 10/4/03, Crashvalve@aol.com wrote:
>but I am good at machining, and recommend learning same to any piano
>technician, if you want your dream tool you can just run it up.

I'm assuming you've got some sort of milling machine, not necessarily
a Bridgeport. I bet you could do a good job of making a component
downbearing gauge, the one with the adjustable inclination bubble
mount. Someone send this guy a .jpg of one (not necessarily
identifying its maker).

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, P.T.G.

"Filing the bridgepins sure puts a sparkle on the restringing, but is
best done before the plate is re-installed"
     ...........recent shop journal entry