String Removal during Restring with Original Pins/Dave

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Sun, 5 Oct 2003 10:44:35 -0700

In view of that, a few broken strings along the way is simply trivial
collateral damage.

dave

Dave,
I would have to agree with the above statement, in part. However, a piano
that was "properly" restrung 5-6 years ago, should not have a "breaking
string problem". I don't care who plays it or what they play. If a string
breaks in the middle of the piano, where the breaking strengths seldom
exceed 40%, there has to be a mechanical problem, IMO! If strings break in
the killer octave up, then that's "Collateral Damage", IMO.
And, to answer your question, regarding my work record: Yes, I have worked
for Colleges. Hated it and won't.
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police