ptBiz/ related questions

David Renaud drjazzca@yahoo.ca
Sun, 5 Oct 2003 18:31:27 -0400 (EDT)

   Just downloaded demo of ptbiz.
   I like the integration of calendar, database,
billing, income & sales tax reports, searches......

   Few questions.

1) Conversion from excel. My database is on a excel
spreadsheet. Would like to send this to the Ptbiz
demo database and explore the search, reporting, etc.
Can this be done easily.

2) Any and all comments...likes, dislikes appreciated.

 I have calender on excel spreadsheet, Database 1000
strong on separate spreadsheet, numbered bills
on a separate spreadsheet I print out as required
and fill out by hand on the road. Recall management
is on a separate set of spreadsheets sorted by month
for my best repeat clients only.
  A secretary manages all this for me 10 hrs per week.
Recalls, confirmations, telephone......

  Compared with what I am doing Ptbiz eliminates
some redundancy by having billing, reporting,
database,
and calender integrated.

   I like the excel spreadsheet for letting me scroll
through days and see whole weeks of appointments laid
out before me. This facilitates scanning for
geographical coordination while booking. Ptbiz seems
to allow seeing detail one day at a time, having to
click between individual days.

   I am considering having a laptop & tunelab or RCT
with my database/calender with me full time. As it
is my secretary manages calender & bookings by day.
I make additions & adjustments myself in the evening
after she e-mails latest version to me. A remotely
shared web site where data/calender/ database can be
managed would be useful so we could both work it all
day. Doing some sub contacting now, and very busy, so
efficiency is crying for attention.

   Any and all advice is welcome.

   Anyone using a remote website to store program
and work database/calender. Anyone successfully
integrated excel spreadsheets to our specific needs.
Perhaps I should stick with excel, work the
spreadsheets some more, and get a pocket PC.

                          Thinking out loud.....

                           Dave Renaud