ptBiz/ related questions

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Sun, 5 Oct 2003 20:01:04 -0400

Comments interspersed below:

Terry Farrell

----- Original Message -----=20
From: "David Renaud" <drjazzca@yahoo.ca>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Sunday, October 05, 2003 6:31 PM
Subject: ptBiz/ related questions

>    Just downloaded demo of ptbiz.
>    I like the integration of calendar, database,=20
> billing, income & sales tax reports, searches......
>=20
>    Few questions.
>=20
> 1) Conversion from excel. My database is on a excel
> spreadsheet. Would like to send this to the Ptbiz=20
> demo database and explore the search, reporting, etc.
> Can this be done easily.

Don't know anything about database conversion.

> 2) Any and all comments...likes, dislikes appreciated.
>=20
>=20
>  I have calender on excel spreadsheet, Database 1000
> strong on separate spreadsheet, numbered bills
> on a separate spreadsheet I print out as required
> and fill out by hand on the road. Recall management
> is on a separate set of spreadsheets sorted by month
> for my best repeat clients only.=20
>   A secretary manages all this for me 10 hrs per week.
> Recalls, confirmations, telephone......

In PTBiz you can code clients. So here, you could code these best =
clients as such and make a report of just those.=20
  =20
>   Compared with what I am doing Ptbiz eliminates
> some redundancy by having billing, reporting,
> database,
> and calender integrated.
>=20
>    I like the excel spreadsheet for letting me scroll
> through days and see whole weeks of appointments laid
> out before me. This facilitates scanning for
> geographical coordination while booking. Ptbiz seems
> to allow seeing detail one day at a time, having to
> click between individual days.

Yes and no. The calandar view (whole month) indicates appointments. When =
you click on any given day, it list the appointments for that day AND =
the area in which they occur.

>    I am considering having a laptop & tunelab or RCT
> with my database/calender with me full time. As it=20
> is my secretary manages calender & bookings by day.
> I make additions & adjustments myself in the evening
> after she e-mails latest version to me. A remotely
> shared web site where data/calender/ database can be
> managed would be useful so we could both work it all
> day. Doing some sub contacting now, and very busy, so
> efficiency is crying for attention.
>=20
>    Any and all advice is welcome.=20

I've been using PTBiz for several years now. I works real well for me. =
If you have some other system that works well for you, or integrates =
better with something else for you, then that may work better for you. =
PTBiz is not easily customized. It seems you either like it or you =
don't.
=20