bridge pin placement

J Patrick Draine draine@comcast.net
Mon, 6 Oct 2003 08:37:53 -0400

We all know that bridge pins should bisect the bridge top-bridge notch
edge. I am finding myself a bit tongue-tied in trying to explain the
exact problems (and aural symptoms) that occur when this ideal is not
met. I'm not talking about a pin being way, way out on the notch,
rather just barely touching the edge (or vice versa). Anyone have a
nice clear explanation that will help me be more eloquent when trying
to explain this to a customer who has asked me to evaluate a new
upright for his purchase?
Thanks,
Patrick Draine