RC vs CC again

Calin Thomason calint@operamail.com
Tue, 07 Oct 2003 01:11:42 +0100

Richard

Nice to see someone is thinking on their own, instead of simply swallowing someone elses BS.

You are on the right track, FWIW.  The model given by Mr Nossaman is far too simplistic to suficiently describe whats really going on. Keep on thinking for yourself. Its a refreshing change from much of what I read here on this subject.

Calin Thomason.

"Hmm.. I think we need to take a closer look at just whats happening where with this  "When a load is applied to the top of the soundboard downward, the
panel compresses more"  bit. Why does it compress more ?? Because there is something holding it in place... namely the ribs.  If the panels concave side
becomes more compressed... then the convex side of the ribs simply MUST be experiencing more tension from the panel...  its the other side of the same
coin. "
--
OperaMail free e-mail - http://www.operamail.com
OperaMail Premium - 28MB, POP3, more! US$29.99/year