RC vs CC again

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Tue, 7 Oct 2003 05:23:48 -0700 (PDT)

Sorry. The convex (top) side is under tension from
being bowed out by the ribs, the underside is under
compression. When bearing is applied it works to
reverse this condition but, of course, can not
actually effect this unless the board has already
collapsed. In this regard, it is compression
deformation in the bottom half of the soundboard plane
and in the ribs ( and, in my opinion, case spread )
which is primarily responsible for soundboard
collapse.
     Cheers,
     Thump