no charge to good steady customers

Tue, 07 Oct 2003 20:26:00 -0500

Phil,

>Phil, I've done the same several times. It's good customer relations. You'll
>make it back some other way.
>
>Rick Ucci/ Ucci Piano
> > Last Friday was a scheduled appt. with a very faithful every 6 months
> > residential customer - Baldwin Acro(newer Console model) - DC installed.

Hi, me again...

In the spring I went to tune a naugawurli but couldn't because the pinblock
in the bass had finally, irrevocably given up the ghost.  I did _not_
charge for the visit, but visited with the customer and discussed things to
look for when searching out a replacement.  [philosophical question - can
you really replace a nauygawurli?]

Today, I went to tune their new (to them) piano. Pitch raise 80-120¢ and
some minor adjustments and not a batted eyelash with my hefty bill.  Just,
"Thanks, and we'll be sure to call you back before Christmas."

Conrad Hoffsommer

Early to rise: early to bed;
Makes a man healthy, and socially dead.