Pitch Raise, was: Standard Pitch

Brian Lawson lawsonic@bdmail.co.za
Fri, 10 Oct 2003 20:15:56 +0200

Hi, let me say it again, as sometimes I think I'm writing posts to =
myself on pianotech.

A pitch raise, my definition:

The purpose of a pitch raise is have all strings slightly or more sharp =
than "standard pitch"

A pitch raised piano is an out of tune piano, but sharp to " standard =
pitch"

unisons are not in tune, 4ths, 5ths octaves are close or wildly out of =
tune

and that only takes about 15 - 20 mins!

Then, you do your first rough tune to get it sounding close. It is =
because it is easier to tune from sharp to correct pitch than to pull up =
from flat

shall I go on?

Brian

  ----- Original Message -----=20